Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cameron the Genius

A couple of weeks ago I read a rather disparaging review of Avatar, James Cameron's latest epic film, this time in 3D. The guy seemed to think that Cameron might have wasted his time and money on making an over-hyped film which would be a disaster.

The other day, accompanied by my wife, I saw the film and can happily report that nothing can be further from the truth.

The film was incredible, marvelous, beautiful, visually stimulating, exciting and a whole load of other positive adjectives besides.

Whilst the film is brilliant in 3D, it would also be good in 2D, though I strongly recommend you see it in the former. Doubtless, all Cameron's future films will be in 3D, and as this film has laid down a benchmark for 3D productions, I have no doubt that 3D cinema will be the norm in a very short space of time.

No comments: