Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day one of the great adventure

Well, here we go! I've never written a blog before so this is now uncharted territory.

Today has been pretty busy. Work was steady and the day was bright. I got excited this evening to discover I'd sold my second photo through an on-line photo library. Photography is my passion. I would like , eventually, to make a lot of money out of it, but in the meantime the important thing is to build up as large and as varied a collection of good photographs as possible. The picture sale this time was quite surprising as I didn't rate the picture much at all. It was a straight forward street scene in Cambridge. I had even thought of deleting it from the library at one stage, but now, of course, I'm glad I didn't. Just shows, even what y0u think as naff stands a chance!

Today is my eldest son's birthday. He brought his girlfriend around to our house to have tea with us and receive his presents. His girlfriend brought him an unusual present of having a star named after him. She chose a star in his birthsign, Pisces which was apt. Unfortunately, it isn't actually visible at this time of the year, from this latitude at any rate, so we'll have to wait until August or so to view it properly.While he was here, he down loaded the latest version of NASA Worldwind for me. Astronomy is another passion I have, by the way. Not only did it have the Earth, but some of the other planets including Mars which is really fascinating - for me at least. I was able to zoom right in and "travel" along valleys and over mountains etc - magic!

No comments: